Okay, so they didn't have Shakespeare, but the Greeks pretty much invented theater and the arts. (If you have not guessed it yet I did my post on Greek theater not Greek mythology or anything) In ancient Greece between 550 B.C. and 220 B.C. theatrical culture flourished. The Greeks discovered three genres of plays, comedy, tragedy, and satyr plays. In those times only one person played all the parts in a show, that includes crew! Later on only three actors were allowed to play all the parts in a show. Soon some non speaking roles were allowed onstage and the chorus and musicians became a big part of shows. The actors were all male and were all amateurs, (they had no training). The actors used large gestures so the large audience could understand even though the theater was shaped so sound projected, with so many people it can be hard to project your voice. It had to have been hard work to put on a show back then. I wonder what it would be like, what do you think?
Popular Posts
-
So I was looking at posts and Travis A's post caught my eye and I couldn't help myself to write about it. Three years ago a women ...
-
Roaming the History of Rome The legend of how Rome was built is that twin brothers, Romulus and Remus, the sons of Mars...
-
Recently, I was reading Logan F.'s post on the anti-hunting drones in Africa. I feel that it is just about time that something was don...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
Animal poaching is a big problem in Africa and it has been a long hard road to figure out what to do. Many people think they have found the ...
No comments:
Post a Comment