Popular Posts

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Zeus or Jupiter?


This might seem like more of a topic for a roman unit, but I find it really interesting that the romans developed so many of the Greek gods into gods of their own. I mean Zeus became Jupiter, Hera became Juno, Hades is Pluto and so on. It seems so amazing that the Greeks affected so many different cultures even after they died off. They affected the names of planets and a lot scientific things were discovered by them. What do you think about how they affected our society?    


1 comment:

  1. This blog is very fascinating Reina! I love the title a lot since it reminds of the "Percy Jackson" series so much! I also find it so interesting that every time they change to another form (meaning Roman to Greek) it changes the way they act, speak,and also their appearance. Also I also find it so amazing on how it affects our culture and society today. I think that if they didn't come to be in our world then most of the planets names wouldn't cease to exist today and I cant really imagine calling Pluto or Jupiter something else. Just imagine calling Pluto or Jupiter, Alfrekenmen or Scienlovme. Good job!

    ReplyDelete