Butter chicken (or murgh makhani) is part of Indian cuisine, popular in countries all over the world. The origins of butter chicken can be traced back to New Delhi. Butter chicken is regarded to have been first introduced by a restaurant called Moti Mahal, located in Daryaganj . Butter chicken is usually served with naan, roti, parathas or steamed rice.
This paragraph was found on The History of Butter Chicken website. Butter chicken originally was made when a VIP costumer wanted some chicken dish. The chef, named Simon Mahli Chahal, didn't receive enough ingredients to make the Tandoori chicken he was intending to make before, so he tossed in liberal amounts of butter, tomato, and garam masalas as he improvised. As he tried to impress the VIP costumer, who just happened to be the ruler of Mareelun, and he ended up with the butter chicken. Which the ruler loved!
I've had butter chicken before, and it is delicious! My challenge to you is to try this yummy meal for yourself and get back to me on that! :)
Popular Posts
-
There are lots of cool things about the Ancient Greek culture but the thing I found coolest is music. Music played a big role in the Greek l...
-
When I read Alex’s post about drones patrolling this place called Ol Pejeta Conservancy which holds many different types of animals like ...
-
I've always thought that ancient cultures and history have been fascinating. After all, I prefer them over geography for social studies....
-
Ancient Greece began in 1000 B.C during the bronze age ( a period between the Stone and Iron Ages, characterized by the manufacture and...
-
In the ancient times, they had to hunt and gather for food until the food surpluses. The people had to start farming to provide year-round f...
No comments:
Post a Comment