I like social studies, but I find the Sumarians and their language, and especially their alphabet, the most interesting! I think its really interesting that they created their own alphabet! They only have 22 letters in the Phoenician alphabet, unlike the English alphabet (where there are 26 letters). The Phoenician alphabet is easier to learn than the English alphabet (if you didn't know either alphabet beforehand). I found that part the most interesting. What do you find the most interesting about the Phoenician alphabet?
Popular Posts
-
Yes, it's true. I was looking at Hallie S.'s blog , and decided to look into the subject a little more. Malaria is a problem. CDC(Ce...
-
The term archaic Greece refers to the time three centuries before the classical relative between 800 b.c and 500 b.c a relatively sophist...
-
Roaming the History of Rome The legend of how Rome was built is that twin brothers, Romulus and Remus, the sons of Mars...
-
The Tsetse fly is dangerous and is the cause of the deadly African sleeping sickness . The African sleeping sickness is infection with ...
-
For this post I am making a list of some the major Greek Gods, and tell what they were the god of. 1. Zeus- Leader of the gods, a...
Thursday, October 17, 2013
An Old Alphabet
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think that's cool that the Sumerians created their own alphabet too! I find it interesting how they only have 22 letters, instead of our 26. I wonder why they created their own alphabet! The Sumerians must've been really smart to have been able to create their own alphabet! Why do you think they created their own alphabet?
ReplyDeleteI agree with you, Tanuja! The Sumerians alphabet is pretty cool! I clicked on your hyperlink and I think the letters look very interesting. Imagine having to write like that! I didn’t know that the Sumerians alphabet is easier to learn… how do you think they came up with those letters?
ReplyDelete