Popular Posts

Thursday, October 17, 2013

An Old Alphabet

I like social studies, but I find the Sumarians and their language, and especially their alphabet, the most interesting! I think its really interesting that they created their own alphabet! They only have 22 letters in the Phoenician alphabet, unlike the English alphabet (where there are 26 letters). The Phoenician alphabet is easier to learn than the English alphabet (if you didn't know either alphabet beforehand). I found that part the most interesting. What do you find the most interesting about the Phoenician alphabet?

2 comments:

  1. I think that's cool that the Sumerians created their own alphabet too! I find it interesting how they only have 22 letters, instead of our 26. I wonder why they created their own alphabet! The Sumerians must've been really smart to have been able to create their own alphabet! Why do you think they created their own alphabet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, Tanuja! The Sumerians alphabet is pretty cool! I clicked on your hyperlink and I think the letters look very interesting. Imagine having to write like that! I didn’t know that the Sumerians alphabet is easier to learn… how do you think they came up with those letters?

    ReplyDelete