Popular Posts
-
So I was looking at posts and Travis A's post caught my eye and I couldn't help myself to write about it. Three years ago a women ...
-
When I first heard that people were killing elephant s over their tusk I thought it was wrong. All I could think is "why do they hav...
-
Recently, I was reading Logan F.'s post on the anti-hunting drones in Africa. I feel that it is just about time that something was don...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
Animal poaching is a big problem in Africa and it has been a long hard road to figure out what to do. Many people think they have found the ...
Friday, October 18, 2013
A Record in Clay
Each spring, the river would wash down clay from the
mountains. Remember when we were little we would draw in the wet sand or in the
mud? Well that’s exactly what the Egyptians would do! They marked the clay with
sharp tools and when the clay was dry, it was permanent record. The size and shape
of the tablet depended on its purpose, larger the tablet was for references.
The smaller the tablet it was used for postcards. Even today, personal tablets can be fun to
read. What do you find most interesting about the Record in clay?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment