Popular Posts

Monday, October 14, 2013

A world with no Iphones....

I don't think I could live in a world with no electronics, but these people can! Our world 10,000 years ago was a lot different than now, no electricity, many incurable sicknesses that we can cure now. The Babylonians had a great empire, their ruler was Hammurabi. He came up with a rule that some people called an eye for an eye because it was almost an equal punishment for a crime. For example if someone murdered someone else they would be killed. I think this rule may be a little fair but what if you thought they were going to kill you? If you struck your dad on accident you would have your hands cut off! I'm glad I live now are you?

1 comment:

  1. I am very glad that I live in the present and that technology has advance so much. The people of the ancient world were truly amazing; especially in the way they handle things. Hammurabi's Code is something I would have never thought up but it seems fair and made people think twice before attacking you. How do you think you would do in the ancient wold?

    ReplyDelete