Popular Posts
-
In the ancient times, they had to hunt and gather for food until the food surpluses. The people had to start farming to provide year-round f...
-
So I was looking at posts and Travis A's post caught my eye and I couldn't help myself to write about it. Three years ago a women ...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
I have always been interested in Greek Gods but they’re not the nicest people. Like the Greek God Hephaestus when he was born, Hera, his mot...
-
When I first heard that people were killing elephant s over their tusk I thought it was wrong. All I could think is "why do they hav...
Saturday, October 12, 2013
You want this, I want that.
Once I was small, I was always interested how things
long ago were so powerful, like how china created silk and other wealthy
products to make a very rich place. Same thing happened Phoenicia. They sold
snail shells to make very rich purple dye, which they sold it for high prices.
They also had plenty of cedar woods for resources. Due to the trading among the
seas, Phoenicia’s trading was very frequent. They sailed all over the place to
trade goods with people they want goods from. I thought this was very
interesting, because to me, economy is very cool that some places are so
wealthy and have very good environments to live on. It is so cool to learn about what they did at
that time. It must be good to live in such conditions. I wonder what will happen if Phoenicia if they didn't have seas to do trading.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sorry. China is spelled with a capital "C".
ReplyDeleteI agree. I think it is an interesting subject, the Silk Road and the Phoenicians. It must have been a frantic but exciting time, travelling across the land and the sea to show their wares to eager representatives of other countries. I think this was and excellent and prosperous time.
ReplyDelete