Popular Posts

Saturday, October 12, 2013

EYE For an EYE. FAIR AND NOT FAIR


AN EYE FOR AN EYE. FAIR AND NOT FAIR

Since 3rd grade, social studies was my favorite subject, I love learning about the past, governments and many other cool things! To me, the eye on eye code is both fair and unfair. It's a good thing that this code will keep a kingdom in order. For example, if you punched some one at school for no reason, you would get a punishment right? That's what the eye for an eye code pretty much means. If they didn't have a code like that then the empire would collapse from crimes. But here's something I noticed when I was reading about the eye for an eye, I noticed that it said you would get a punishment depending on what level you are in society! Now that's not fair, that's like if I was the richest man on earth and I killed someone. My punishment would probably be two hours in jail, and that's not fair at all, it's like saying some people are above the law!   Here's a link on FAIR laws!http://www.usa.gov/Topics/Reference-Shelf/Laws.shtml

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree with you Ruy about the whole status thing I mean it was really hard to start a business unless you had a relative who was loaded with moohlah and therefore you pretty much would have some families that were really rich and the rest stayed at a working class

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so agree Ruy. That is totally unfair. If I was on the lowest level of society and I robbed someone, I would be in jail for like, five years! If a very wealthy guy did that he would be in it for five minutes! That’s like being in TIMEOUT FOR TODDLERS!!!! So that is totally unfair. I would hate to live in that era. Here is a little acting out.
    Robber: I just robbed my neighbor! YAY ME!
    Police: You are sentenced to five years in jail.
    Robber: Aw man!
    Wealthy man: I just stole from MY neighbor!
    Police: NO! Bad wealthy man. You have five minutes in the corner!
    Robber: !? THAT IS SO UNFAIR!!!

    ReplyDelete