Popular Posts

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Iqbal The Brave

      Iqbal is based on a true story. It's about a boy named Iqbal Masih, who inspired the lives of other children. A young girl named Fatima tells her point of view, in the novel about Iqbal. How he inspires the hard working children, is his stories and courage. The setting takes place at a carpet factory in Pakistan. Iqbal was the new comer in the factory. So almost every night the other kids would sneak in Iqbal's room. Just to listen  to the stories, of his past and his future plans. The kids found him rebellious and some what strange, but mostly interesting. All the kids in the factory are all forced to work, even at very young ages. How would you feel if you got taken away from your family, to work?


Iqbal:Iqbal

4 comments:

  1. Your title is a bit off topic but the blog itself is good. Is sad too see kids like Iqual go to work at a young age and have their dreams crushed. But somehow the still are in a good mood I personally would be depressed. I could never be able to live without my parents. Having to work all day and no paycheck! I wish they would! That sounds like a great book I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry I changed the title :)

      Delete
  2. If I was taken away from my family at any time I would be completely depressed and sad, but I would want to find a way to get back to them. If I got money and was able to back to visit at times it wouldn't be that bad, but to never to be able to go back I would be devastated. From the way Iqbal seems from your post he sounds like he would do anything to get himself and the other kids out of the factory. I wouldn't have been able to be strong like that. I think that by telling his story he seems to be giving them hope to continue. I really hope that they get out of there. Right now I am reading "Now is the Time for Running. The two protagonists are kind of similar because they are both separated from family and don't know what to do. This book seems like one I need to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete