Popular Posts

Thursday, October 17, 2013

So much Greek

         I've always been interested in ancient culture and especially ancient Greek.  When I was in third grade, I discovered the Percy Jackson series. I have read the whole series three times. There is so much to learn and it all so interesting.I wonder if there is more about the ancient Greeks that no one knows about or if there is more that we will find out about.Their inventions like the Olympic Games are so interesting.  I wonder how they came up with the different games to play.It interested me on how the ancient Greeks had so many gods for so many different things. They have Ares, god of war. They have Zeus, god of lightning. They have so many more also.  If you could be a Greek god, which would you be?

3 comments:

  1. Good post James! I was surprised when you said that you discovered the Percy Jackson series in third grade and read the whole series THREE TIMES! Wow! I haven’t even read the series once but I feel like it something that everyone should read. (Including me) I also agree with how it was interesting what you said about the Olympic Games. By the way I would be a god of lighting because I wouldn’t want to be the god of war and the god of lighting sounds really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job James. I remember when I liked the Percy Jackson Series. To answer your question, I would like to be Zeus the God of lightning. I would choose Zeus cause then I would be able to control lightning and zap my brother whenever I want. I wouldn't want to be the God of war because I wouldn't want my brother to die I would just zap him with lightning whenever I feel like it. If you asked yourself the same question, which would you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post James. I also read the Percy Jackson series but I only read it once not three times. I never knew that the Olympic games where created by the gods until now. I wonder if the Greek gods created the Olympic games to see who was the best god. It also interests me on how the Greek gods had so many different ability's. if I had the choice to be any Greek god I would want to be Zeus the god of lightning because he is the most powerful god and the king of the gods. Who would you want to be.

    ReplyDelete