Popular Posts
-
Recently, I was reading Logan F.'s post on the anti-hunting drones in Africa. I feel that it is just about time that something was don...
-
The term archaic Greece refers to the time three centuries before the classical relative between 800 b.c and 500 b.c a relatively sophist...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
I have always been interested in Greek Gods but they’re not the nicest people. Like the Greek God Hephaestus when he was born, Hera, his mot...
-
I find it really interesting that the Sumerians wrote so much and thought that writing was so important to them. They wrote everything dow...
Wednesday, February 12, 2014
Algeria Plane Crash
As many of you know Algeria had a plane crash. As a result of the crash 77 people died out of the 78 on board the plane. Although, one man survived he is being treated for head injuries. Most of the people on board were military personnel. Additionally, they had their family members with them. The plane crashed into the side of a mountain due to very bad weather conditions, a storm and heavy snow fall was to blame. Now Algeria is having three days of national mourning for the people who lost their lives. That is a huge loss for any military. Do you think that people in the same military unit should all be on board one plane at the same time?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYes, I do think Military units should ride the same plane at the same time. From an article I read I know that this gives the ability to quickly travel from one place to another. Taking multiple trips gives enemies more time to try to take out the planes and takes more time and fuel. If the plane went down, more lives would be saved by making multiple trips, but overall it would be more dangerous.
ReplyDelete