Popular Posts

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Kopanang Mine is not mine!

I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet below the surface! As I said in my comment I wouldn't want to work down there even if they paid me $1,000,000 a day. I decided to read more about the Kopanang Mine and found out it is one of the biggest uranium reserves in South Africa having estimated reserves of 37.1 million tons of ore grading 0.065% uranium. The Kopanang Mine is a producer of gold and produced 307 koz. in 2011. That's a whole lot of gold! The Kopanang Mine is indeed wondrous, but I find it way to risky to work down there. Plus, it would take forever to get up to above ground from the bottom of that mine! Would you like to work in the Kopanang Mine?

1 comment:

  1. The Kopanang Mine sounds like a pretty dangerous place to work I wouldn't want to work there either. This mines primary raw material is gold. This mine is located in North West Africa. There owners are Anglo Gold Ashanti Ltd. there operator is Anglo Gold Ashanti. These people work under ground and their method is scattered mining. The processing method is crushing and grinding down the materials. This mine is expected to last until 2045 and then the mine will be unworkable because the mine will be falling apart.

    ReplyDelete