Popular Posts

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Is That R2-D2?

Recently, I was reading Logan F.'s post on the anti-hunting drones in Africa. I feel that it is just about time that something was done to protect the animals that are illegally poached there. When doing research, I learned that they track down the poachers. They would be extremely helpful in stopping the criminals with no  harm to the environment, which makes environmentalists happy about it. Sadly though, a lot of people don't like the idea of the drones. They say that they may not be very effective. People need to find out if poachers will be able to take the drones down like they can with other security measures. Hopefully, these drones become popular in Africa, and make poaching much less common if not non-existent.

2 comments:

  1. I believe too that the drones will help get rid of those disgusting poachers. It is so wrong, in my opinion, to kill an animal for its goods. In Nairobi, a Chinese man was accused of trying to smuggle ivory in a suitcase. Ivory is the product of elephants tusks and rhinos horns. I don't care how much money it's worth, that's just wrong. Would you like it if someone came and killed you for your teeth? I sure wouldn't! That is why I think these drones are going to be very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with miles, that drones will help get rid of the poaching problem. When I looked up on the internet I saw that they could see thermal activity, If they detect violent activity the drones can call the police witch is pretty cool if you say so myself. I think they need to stop the poaching before there wont be anymore rhinos, or Elephants. When I looked up how the anti-drones look, they look exactly like miniature airplanes.

    ReplyDelete