Popular Posts

Thursday, October 17, 2013

The Amazingness of the Phoenicians!

I love learning about history because it is so cool to learn about the things that existed before us. Like the Phoenicians, they were really interesting. Their city was wealthy because they sold purple cloth dyed by snails and wood from their cedar forests. They also had a really cool alphabet, even though it was probably pretty time consuming to draw all those symbols. It was probably a lot easier than drawing cuneiform. I think it’s awesome that people created an alphabet all by themselves. Do you think that’s cool? I do, ‘cause it’s a lot harder then  things humans do today.

3 comments:

  1. I think it is really cool that they invented their own language. A few years ago I started to create a planet with it's own language and everything. I spent a lot of time making animals and plants and even more time making a language for them. (thinking back it seems like a huge waste of time) I also liked how they dyed cloth with snails and wood i just think their way of life was really cool. I'd like to spend like a day in their time (keyword:DAY) what about you? what society would you have liked to live in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Using your creativity is NEVER a waste of time!
      : )

      Delete
  2. That comic should be seen by all...hilarious!

    ReplyDelete