Popular Posts
-
In the ancient times, they had to hunt and gather for food until the food surpluses. The people had to start farming to provide year-round f...
-
So I was looking at posts and Travis A's post caught my eye and I couldn't help myself to write about it. Three years ago a women ...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
I have always been interested in Greek Gods but they’re not the nicest people. Like the Greek God Hephaestus when he was born, Hera, his mot...
-
When I first heard that people were killing elephant s over their tusk I thought it was wrong. All I could think is "why do they hav...
Tuesday, May 13, 2014
A Long Walk To Water
The book A Long Walk To Water is a very interesting and fascinating book. In the book, a boy named Salva had to run away from his land(Sudan). He travels with a group of runaways to a refugee camp in Ethiopia. As of right now, their are 407,646 refugees in Ethiopia. And if you can believe this, only eight people have been returned to their families. 47% of the people in refugee camps are men, and 53% are women. This means that women may have to do what men have to do. This is just due to their being more women than men. The camp is mostly populated with 5-12 year old boys and girls. Do you think that people should live like this?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am reading the same book as you are and I feel the same way. I don't think it's fair at all that the women would have to do the same if not more work than men just because there is more of them. It's really sad that the population is mostly 5-12 because they don't know their families as well as others. Even though I'm sure they are working on it, it's bad that only 8 people have been returned to their familes.
ReplyDelete