Popular Posts
-
Recently, I was reading Logan F.'s post on the anti-hunting drones in Africa. I feel that it is just about time that something was don...
-
The term archaic Greece refers to the time three centuries before the classical relative between 800 b.c and 500 b.c a relatively sophist...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
I have always been interested in Greek Gods but they’re not the nicest people. Like the Greek God Hephaestus when he was born, Hera, his mot...
-
I find it really interesting that the Sumerians wrote so much and thought that writing was so important to them. They wrote everything dow...
Thursday, October 17, 2013
The Nile River
The Nile is the world`s longest river. It flows from East Africa to the Mediterranean. The Nile river went 700 miles through ancient Egypt. It passed through a narrow region called Upper Egypt. The fertile strip had a width of 6 miles on both sides of a river. Every spring water came downstream and brought a rich sediment called silt. Late summer, the Nile went over its banks and silt covered the land which made the land good for farming. Do you think Egypt still has fertile soil today?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment