Popular Posts
-
In the ancient times, they had to hunt and gather for food until the food surpluses. The people had to start farming to provide year-round f...
-
So I was looking at posts and Travis A's post caught my eye and I couldn't help myself to write about it. Three years ago a women ...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
I have always been interested in Greek Gods but they’re not the nicest people. Like the Greek God Hephaestus when he was born, Hera, his mot...
-
When I first heard that people were killing elephant s over their tusk I thought it was wrong. All I could think is "why do they hav...
Tuesday, May 13, 2014
Facing courage
The book that iam currently reading is facing the lion. This story takes place in western Kenya, the main character is Joseph Lemasolai Lekuton. The main conflict of this story is that his moms best cow has been killed by a lion and now him and his brother are trying to find it and kill it. Killing a lion in his village means great respect from others. Him and his brother try to make sure that no other cows are killed. If I had to be in Lekuton's shoes I would probaly true to kill the lion to because he is trying to kill for respect, and to also make sure that lion kills no more cows. Do you think it is a smart choice to kill a lion or not?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think killing the lion is the right thing to do. The reason that I think this is the right thing is that it killed one of their own. The problem is if they kill the lion how will they know it"s the right one? Maybe they could cut it open and look for remains. The lion killed the boy"s mother because it's a meat eater and she was meat and he was hungry. I think they will kill the right lion though.
ReplyDeleteI do think that it would be great to kill a lion, to have respect in the town, but it would also be very dangerous to have the courage to try to kill an animal that can kill you much easily. I think that they should try to kill the lion, but at the same time, it would be to scary. I think they are doing the right thing for trying to not have any of the others killed by a lion. after having their best cow die, it's pretty sad.
ReplyDelete