Popular Posts

Thursday, May 15, 2014

The tomb

This book started out with some kids who worked at a carpet store for their master Hussain Khan to pay off their debt. None of them have seen anyone pay off their debt but they weren't about to lose hope. Fatima and all the other kids worked hard every day and every night, they went to bed with bloody and had sleepless nights. One day a boy named Iqbal came, everyone was suspicious and amazed at how good he was at carpet making he even made a very expense, beautiful, blue carpet. Everyone knew that once he finished that carpet his debt would for sure be erased, Iqbal disagreed on this and told Fatima and all the kids that the debt is never erased. This comment made them furious because what he was saying was that all those horrible years after years of worked till they dropped were for nothing. The next day the foreign customers came, they were looking at all the carpets when they heard a big riiiipp that beautiful blue carpet was gone and Ibal was sent to the tomb. What do you think will happen to Iqbal?
                              

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Currently, I am reading "Now is the Time for Running”, when I get the chance hopefully I can read Iqbal . Speaking of Iqbal, I feel bad for him, all his time and effort, ripped! He must have taken a long time making that carpet. Now I'm starting to wonder, did the customer rip it on purpose, or on accident? I'm also wondering why can’t they pay/erase their debt, even if they get the money to pay it off. I think that Iqbal is going to have rough time in the tomb; I hope he'll make it out okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm also reading Iqbal and it turns out he gets out of the tomb after about six days. Honestly I’m surprised he lived. Child labor like what Hussain Khan does is highly illegal. I also was extremely surprised at how Hussain just bribed the police and they went away without any suspicion of what the workshop was for. I still wonder how Iqbal will recover and how fast he will from the days in the tomb. What do you think Iqbal will do next to disobey Hussain?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m reading Iqbal too! It’s a very amazing and thrilling book to read! To answer your question, I’m pretty sure that Iqbal will be set free. Being stuck in a dark area for one day is bad enough. I researched that it is hard to survive in dark areas. From what I read in the book, the tomb has many nasty creatures like spiders which are certainly terrifying. Iqbal is a very brave and a good leader, I hope he has what it takes to free the imprisoned children from the factory.

    ReplyDelete