Popular Posts

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Iqbal

     The book Iqbal is very sad to me it is about these kids that work in a carpet factory for money to pay off their family debts and I don't think it is right to put young kids to work in a carpet factory. The book is named Iqbal because a boy named Iqbal has begun to work in the carpet factory but he is forced to work there to pay off his family debts but all he is thinking about is escaping the carpet factory. This book is sad to me because I know that all around the world kids are being put to work in sweat shops but here we are running around free and wild living a great child hood but people in other places are being put to work and do not get to experience a regular child hood that just make me mad and sad at the same time. The way the sweat shop owners treat the people just make me want to scream could you ever imagine working till the sun came up until it went down but got paid unfair then everyone else you probably be pretty mad and there working conditions are horribly you barely have arm room just for yourself I bet that you would probably hate that. Did you know that 250 million children are forced to start working at only the age of 5 to 14 and from 14 up they are put in different sweatshops to work even more? Women are forced to sew NBA jerseys and they only make 24 cent per garment but the jerseys sell for $140 and that is just messed up using people like that. Most of the money they make is put towards food for food for their families and they do not get to spend it on their own needs. I feel so bad for the people that work in sweatshop but I’m supporting the  working condition to go on without me knowing about it cause I buy close and shoes that are being made in the sweatshops and you are probably to without knowing it but it’s not like we mean to we just know that the things we buy are nice but we don’t know the money we pay is supporting the sweatshops to go on and hay if I’m buying things to support it to go on without my knowing I think the people should be paid more or at least try to find the places and close it that’s my point of view. What would you do to try to prevent this from going on? Do you think it is right to force people to work like this but get pay so little?  

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is very sad. I agree, it is wrong. It has been happing in Africa for so long now that people are forgetting about it, not caring, or just doing nothing. Those kids could never have a life again. The USA estimates 250 million kids from 5-14 are forced to work in them. That's Horrible. In 2000 the USA found 11,000 sweatshops that violated the minimum wage and overtime hours. Plus 16,000 broken health and safety laws. Poor people. Women make up 85%-95% of sweat shop's. Women are still being mistreated since the 1700's. I think this is horrible and we need to take action and fly down there and help some of the kid's. That is what I will do when I am In High School. We need to stand up to child labor and abuse.

    ReplyDelete