Joseph Lemasolai Lekuton faced many tough things in his life as a young boy. In 1965, Kenya was in a tough spot. There was a drought that lasted for about 2 years. Kenya was struggling in terms of food. Some families starved but eventually there was enough water for people to eat and feed their cows. Sadly, Kenya is still in a bad spot today. Economically speaking, They have had a mercurial economy ever since their economy became independent. During their years of independence, they've accomplished high economic growth of only six percent. Then, in the 1990's, Kenya was producing more growth rates which resulted seven percent in 2007. I think that's incredible. Do you?
http://kenya.um.dk/en/about-kenya-new/economy-new/
Popular Posts
-
Yes, it's true. I was looking at Hallie S.'s blog , and decided to look into the subject a little more. Malaria is a problem. CDC(Ce...
-
Roaming the History of Rome The legend of how Rome was built is that twin brothers, Romulus and Remus, the sons of Mars...
-
The Tsetse fly is dangerous and is the cause of the deadly African sleeping sickness . The African sleeping sickness is infection with ...
-
For this post I am making a list of some the major Greek Gods, and tell what they were the god of. 1. Zeus- Leader of the gods, a...
-
I have always been interested in Greek Gods but they’re not the nicest people. Like the Greek God Hephaestus when he was born, Hera, his mot...
I am reading the book “Long walk to water” and your book seems like a pretty good book. Speaking of your book I can't believe that happened to Kenya and the people. During the drought that Kenya had a lot of people died and there was barely any food. ): When they got their independence back, there economic activity went up and people didn't die as often.Yes, I do think its very awesome how Kenya got back on the feet, and found there way to survival.
ReplyDelete