Popular Posts

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Work,work,and even more work

                          The novel I am reading is Boys Without  Names and it is about a 11 year old boy named Gopal and his family moved to Mumbai. But, after he was beat up he was forced to work day and night at a sweatshop.In 2007 they discovered kids as young as 10 being forced to make clothes for the GAP a children clothing store. They were  forced to make beaded blouses they had little to no clothes. They would sit crouched on the floor for 12 hours each and every day. Gap said they did not know of the kids working in the sweatshop.I could never imagine having to work day in and day out every day.Could you ever tolerate having to work as much as those kids had to?

3 comments:

  1. I don't get this,the family didn't report him missing? wonder how GAP didn't notice the kids in their shop like 24/7 and the products they make? I mean seriously their obviously lying. You also didn't use a hyper link. It is also very hard to find articles because you have no links and I only know the location of Mumbai. I probably wouldn't tolerate the work load and another thing put in the definition of sweat shop. How do you think this happens?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don’t think I would ever be able to work that hard! I complain while doing the dishes! I feel very sorry for these I think the government needs to stand up and do something about this issue (I don’t know if this book is past or future so yeah...). My opinion is that obviously GAP was lying how could they not know?? If I had to choose which shop to work in GAP or the sweatshop, it would probably be GAP because that job seems easier and more on the fun side. I mean you get to design clothes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so bad for these kids, what they went through is awful. Day and night, Sitting crouched for on the flour for 12 hours!? This is not right if they work in a clothing store they should at least HAVE clothes. It would be a nightmare to do what those kids do. I especially feel bad for Gopal he wants to help his family and this is how he has to do it.

    ReplyDelete