Popular Posts

Sunday, May 4, 2014

NBA Commissioner Bans Sterling and Pushes to 'Force a Sale' of His Team

Donald Sterling should/needs to be banned from owning the Clippers. I think that he should sell the team, pays all the fines, and makes some sort of apology statement to all of the people that he offended. I also think that the government should make a slight tweak to the first amendment saying that any deliberate racial remarks should have a punishment doesn't have to be jail time but some sort of punishment.
The provoking sentiments Silver metioned in a 10-minute recording that TMZ said occurred during a conversation between Sterling and girlfriend V. Stiviano. Here is the conversation:
"I've known Magic Johnson well, and he should be admired. ... I'm just saying that it's too bad you can't admire him privately," Sterling says on the recording. "Admire him, bring him here, feed him, but don't put Magic on an Instagram for the world to have to see so they have to call me. And don't bring him to my games."
What do you think about all of this?

2 comments:

  1. I definitely think that they made a great decision because racism is not acceptable. Especially in a league where 78 percent of the league are African Americans. It has been told that Donald Sterling wants to sue the NBA and he might use divorce to get out of selling his team. That’s a coward, I just think that he is trying to get out of selling his team or he just might have a really high price to sell it for. I just want him to hurry up and sell the team and get it over with he shouldn't be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they made his punishment bad enough because for what he did the NBA owners should have automatically taken the Clippers away from him. Also they should have fined him more money than what they did. From what I read the most the NBA can fine is a fee of 2.5 million dollars which you would think is a lot but for old Donald Sterling is like giving away pennies because he's a billionaire. The worst part about him is that in the recording he says he admires Magic Johnson when he obviously doesn't when he talks like that about him.

    ReplyDelete