Popular Posts

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Facing the Lion or Running From the Lion

Kenya is having a lot of problems now.  Facing the Lion takes place in this presently troubled area. They are having a lot of trouble with disasters, starving people, and poverty.  Things are on their way to getting better but are clearly not there yet and the government is working on it.  If I had to choose one character from the book, I would choose Lemasolai Lekuton.  I would choose him because I think we have a thing in common, fear!!!  When he had to fight the lion, he ran which is what I would do. I really got a feel of what the culture is like in this area and enjoy reading the book.  So let me ask you, if in your culture, it showed bravery to kill a lion, would you do it or run?

2 comments:

  1. If I were to be faced with the lion, I could lie and say that I'd attack, but I'm sure more than half the people that say they'd attack would most likely run. Cultures like the Maasai make it a brave task to hunt, and kill a lion. In my opinion, the risk of death, or injury; is greater then the reward. They may say YOLO, but I would not come out screaming YOLO at the lion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Answering your question, I would run as fast as I can. When I think about it, who wouldn’t? Why would you risk your life trying to kill an animal that can kill you in one pounce? In my book, the main problem is the war in South Sudan. Sort of the same problem in your story. In my story, A Long Walk To Water, I bet that the main characters group would have done the opposite.

    ReplyDelete