Popular Posts

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Iqbal

The book I'm reading is called Iqbal. This book is about child slavery. In the book they are sent in a carpet shop, most times for child slavery they are sent to factories. Child slavery is, in my opinion, worst then slavery because you are sending children to do the work of a human. Some kids even get abused. 215 children between the ages 5 and 17 are sent to become child labors. Child slavery is also known as sweatshops. Child slavery is mentally physically, socially, morally dangerous to children. If I was forced to work in a factory honestly I don't know what I would do, I would try and escape.        

2 comments:

  1. It shocks me the have not completely abolished slavery in general. In my opinion i don't think child slavery is worse. I think all forms are slavery are equally wrong and should not be around. Slavery has been around for literally hundreds of years and yet we have millions of modern day slaves! There is estimated to be around 30 million slaves today! That is almost 3 times the amount of African slaves that dies in the 1800's! I think to get rid of slavery there needs to be more awareness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did not ask any question at the end of it so yeah. I'm reading Iqbal also and I don't think it was right to take kids and make them work to pay off their families debt. It not only children that are held to work in factories when they past the age of 14 they move on into different factories or just get put out in the streets which is pretty mean. I agree that child slavery is bad because when I was a child I'm pretty sure I was not working at the age of 5 but those poor little kids were put to work and it just make me mad to even think about and the sad part is that there are still places around the world that still have child slavery. The sad part is the kids have to live with the fact that they will be doing this just to help out there family's but barely get to see them. 215 million children are still slaves world wide. The sad thing is I don't think anyone is going to stop it and I think someone should so the kids that are being held can have a normal child hood. Did you know that some girls are forced to have kids so there kids can take the duites of being a child slave. If you had one chance to stop child slavery what would you do and how would you do it?

    ReplyDelete