Popular Posts

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Maasi People Have Hard Lifes

The book I am reading is FACING THE LION it takes place in northern Kenya. What they are doing is trying killing lions and getting cows to survive.  You may wonder do they still kill lions and get cows to stay alive? These people are called the Maassi people, and these people do still live like this but they have turned to rely more heavily on cows, but when this book takes place they relied heavily on lions. People still kill lions but they only kill the lions for fun, on the other hand, this process is still very dangerous. If I was in the situation of trying to find a lion and kill it I think I would not do well and not survive. Because, killing a lion is dangerous and I think if I tried to stab the lion I would miss and then the lion would eat me. Do you think the Maasi people had a hard life when the book took place?

1 comment:

  1. I think that they did, mostly because they have to fight and kill their food every day. Unlike us, we can just walk into the kitchen and grab a hot pocket. Also those people live in one of the 30 poorest countries on earth. I also think that if I lived in those kind of living conditions I would probably starve because I would be terrified to kill something. So how would you fell about have to fight for your food every day?

    ReplyDelete