Popular Posts

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Sudan Now

Currently now in Sudan they are at war with each other. South Sudan and North Sudan are at war because the deal they decided to make about getting more foreign troops and monitors to safeguard any deals between the government and the rebels. However, none of the sides decided to cooperate. In result of the violence, South Sudanese President Salva Kiir decided that next years general elections that will be held in 2017 will be pushed back. He decisions would leave time for national agreement and pave the way for peaceful and transparent elections. If you were the South Sudan president would you do the same thing?

2 comments:

  1. I researched this and found out it happened on December 17,2012. I think that the north should get their troops and whatever else they want. I also think that they should push the date forward instead of backwards. If I were the south's president I would push the date up so that I could get it done with asap.

    ReplyDelete