Popular Posts

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Facing The Lion

Facing The Lion takes place in Africa and is about a boy growing up named Joseph Lemasolai Lekuton and him growing up as a Nomad. A nomad is a herder that is always living in different locations to be where ever the animals can survive the easiest. Doing this can sometimes be very dangerous because of random lion attacks. I've done some research about this culture/ way of living and they still do these things very similar. However I think (I couldn't find this) that the people of Africa have implemented new strategies into doing this. For example, maybe they are using horses or dogs to help them herd the cows. If I were in the shoes of one of those people I would think it would be easier to ride on a horse than walk or have a dog help you herd them more precisely or in a certain direction. A question for the reader of this is, do you think they have developed more unique/ helpful ways to do this back breaking work?

1 comment:

  1. I don't think they have developed different ways to do this job. Actually, to my understanding, I think that they actually ride horses. I may be getting different herding confused, but if they really just use dogs, they're idiots. Another good way is to get vehicles (if they can afford them, I'm unsure of the economic strength here) and herd the lions using those. In reality there is no good way or bad way to herd lions. There will always be mishaps, so different ways of working could cause less deaths, but there will always be fatalities in this field of work.

    ReplyDelete