Popular Posts

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Water Too Far Away?

The book I’m reading for my novel is, A Long Walk To Water, the book starts out with a 11 year old boy named Salva who is having a normal school day when suddenly the civil war hits his school and village and Salva is forced to leave his family and his village behind. Today, South Sudan is still having many problems with war. The U.S. is getting involved to help out as well. My opinion is that I think that the U.S. helping is a good idea since this war has been going on for such a long time. And hopefull, this war can end soon. Do you think the U.S. helping out is a good idea? Or such we just step back?  

2 comments:

  1. I think that the United States helping out Sudan is a very good idea. I believe this because America has better and more helpful resources than Sudan, and that I can really come in handy. One of the actions that the Untied States has done is the Lost Boys organization. This amazing organization is a program that resettles boys in Sudan that are running form the war into homes in the U.S. I think this is a very good program and I hope that we can create more organizations like this. I even got to meet one of The Lost Boys at Meijer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your post Ethan with the exception of the typos. It is too bad that there are places all around the world that are having trouble with war. I think the U.S should help because it is the right thing to do but it might not be. You know that our country is in debt right? A portion of our debt comes from the help we are giving Africa because of the vaccinations and other medicines and supplies. Overall, I think it's a draw between helping Africa because it's right or not because it's costing us money we don't have

    ReplyDelete