Popular Posts

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Facing the scary lion!!!


          Facing The Lions a book that takes place in Africa. It's a book about a boy named Joseph Lemasolai Lekuton, and about him growing up as a Nomad. A nomad is a member of a people having no permanent abode, and who travel from place to place to find fresh pasture for their livestock. When people do this, it can be very dangerous, because all of the lion attacks. I did some research about this culture or area, and they still do things like this very alike, but I think that the people of Africa have new ways of doing this. For example, maybe they are using horses to help them herd the cows. If I was in the shoes of one of those people I think it would be easier to ride on a horse than walk or have a dog help you herd them more in a specific way. Do you think they have a new way now of doing that now?

1 comment:

  1. I also read Facing The Lions that took place in Kenya, Africa. I think being a nomad is a hard job as the same time a fun one. You get to use all your day outside herding cows. You don't even have to do homework. Even though there are some good things for being nomads, there are bad things too. The Kenya government made a law that makes all nomad family send at least one child to school for education. I asked Mr. Hopper why the government made that law. He told me that the government wanted the nomad families modernized. It is hard for kids in nomad families because their parents might want them to stay home and help them. The parents might give them pressure to stay home.

    ReplyDelete