Popular Posts

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Dinka

I am currently reading the book A Long Walk to Water which is very interesting. In this book, Salva runs away from his tribe, the Dinka tribe. He is a refugee, walking with many people he has never seen before. If I was Salva, I would have done the same thing he did. I would've been too scared to walk alone so I would've joined a random group like he did. Currently, there are 407,646 refugees still residing in Ethiopia. As of now, there has only been 8 refugees returned safely to their homes. Since there is 53% of women and only 47% of men in these camps, women may have to be doing the same work men have to. Most of the camp's refugees range in age from 5-12. I don't think these refugees should be living like this, do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment