Popular Posts

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Facing The Lion

Facing The Lion is a book about a African Boy from Kenya who is faced with bullying. It Starts out with him at a cattle camp. Him and his family are there to protect the cattle from Lions. So after he sleep for the night a lion is attacking the cattle. He and his brothers try to corner it but the lion runs away. Then he volunteers to go to a boarding school cause in Kenya one person in the family has to go to school. So he goes there and he's a trouble maker. In Kenya the spanked them. So Joseph Lekuton, the main character, tries putting on two pairs of pants. But he gets caught, so then he tries cardboard. He gets caught but he didn't get in trouble for it. Only some boarding schools in Kenya hit there students now. What would you do if you were in a school where teachers could hit you?

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading the same book and I'm really enjoying it. If I was in schools and they hit your behind for doing something bad I would probably tell my parent and try to make it stop. I think it is clever how Joseph but two pairs of pants on and then card board underneath. I also like how he says that he tries to learn their culture and school stuff. One last thing is that I thought it was very stupid that he had to once walk 40 miles to get back to his village after school. I also did some research and they still do the herding in a very similar way.

    ReplyDelete