Popular Posts

Saturday, May 3, 2014

racism?

This past week Donald Sterling, the owner of the L.A. Clippers NBA Basketball team, was banned from doing anything with the National Basketball Association because of his racial comments. I think they were right for banning him because his actions were completely inappropriate. Most of the L.A. Clippers team is African-American, so I'm not exactly sure why he would say that in the first place. I think the fine of 2.5 million dollars is reasonable considering his actions.I think freedom of speech is okay, but not in this situation when it is offending the people you work with. What do you think, should Donald Sterling have not been banned from the NBA?

http://nba.si.com/2014/04/26/donald-sterling-nba-investigation-racist-comments-clippers/

2 comments:

  1. I agree...Why do something or work with someone you are going to hate being around? I just don't get it. I deffiantly think that he should of been banned! wip pee! Im glad! It does'nt matter who you are, or how famous you are... You don't have the right to be racist or it's "ok'...it's NEVER ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I believe that Adam Silver made the right choice in banning Donald Sterling from the NBA. I also agree with the 2.5 million dollar fine that will be given to charity. My question is why would Sterling just know say his comment about African Americans if he has been the owner of the team for such a long time? In the end, I think that the NBA bored made a good discussion and I hope that no more incidents like this one ever happen again.

    ReplyDelete