http://nba.si.com/2014/04/26/donald-sterling-nba-investigation-racist-comments-clippers/
Popular Posts
-
The term archaic Greece refers to the time three centuries before the classical relative between 800 b.c and 500 b.c a relatively sophist...
-
Roaming the History of Rome The legend of how Rome was built is that twin brothers, Romulus and Remus, the sons of Mars...
-
Recently, I was reading Logan F.'s post on the anti-hunting drones in Africa. I feel that it is just about time that something was don...
-
The Tsetse fly is dangerous and is the cause of the deadly African sleeping sickness . The African sleeping sickness is infection with ...
-
For this post I am making a list of some the major Greek Gods, and tell what they were the god of. 1. Zeus- Leader of the gods, a...
Saturday, May 3, 2014
racism?
This past week Donald Sterling, the owner of the L.A. Clippers NBA Basketball team, was banned from doing anything with the National Basketball Association because of his racial comments. I think they were right for banning him because his actions were completely inappropriate. Most of the L.A. Clippers team is African-American, so I'm not exactly sure why he would say that in the first place. I think the fine of 2.5 million dollars is reasonable considering his actions.I think freedom of speech is okay, but not in this situation when it is offending the people you work with. What do you think, should Donald Sterling have not been banned from the NBA?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree...Why do something or work with someone you are going to hate being around? I just don't get it. I deffiantly think that he should of been banned! wip pee! Im glad! It does'nt matter who you are, or how famous you are... You don't have the right to be racist or it's "ok'...it's NEVER ok.
ReplyDeleteNo, I believe that Adam Silver made the right choice in banning Donald Sterling from the NBA. I also agree with the 2.5 million dollar fine that will be given to charity. My question is why would Sterling just know say his comment about African Americans if he has been the owner of the team for such a long time? In the end, I think that the NBA bored made a good discussion and I hope that no more incidents like this one ever happen again.
ReplyDelete