Popular Posts

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Facing the lion or "inakabiliwa na samba" as Lemasolai would say...

I’m currently reading Facing the Lion, a historical fiction book that takes place in the African Savannah of Kenya in about 1970’s-1980’s. The main character is Lemasolai Lekuton a young boy that lives in a nomadic African group. He is working to become a man and a warrior. The areas in Kenya that the nomads live are still free and now there are laws that were made to keep poachers away also. If I was one of the people who had to go and face the lion like in the beginning of the book, I wouldn’t have gotten anywhere near it, I would have ran away as fast as I could if I had seen the lion. So, what would have done if you had to go face a lion?

2 comments:

  1. I if had to face a lion I would cry and try to run, but I would probably get caught and the lion would murder me. Anyways, I really like what you said in this and it perfectly sums (Facing the Lion) everything up! I really think the part in the book when they talk about the cow blood and milk together is interesting. I am also reading this book. Are you enjoying it? I really think it is interesting and I'm eager to read more about how he goes to school and what he does. I also found that your parents have to give permission to the boarding school teacher to beat them like the teacher does in the book. I would be so mad if a teacher hit me I would probably hit them back. Would you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I saw a Lion I would run just like you. I wouldn't even hesitate to look at it because I know if I try to reason with the Lion I would be it's meat. Lion's may seem cute or awesome but if you get to close your done. Me personally Lions I find aggressive and that's good. They should be able to protect there pride (A group of Lions) and defend for all of them.

    ReplyDelete