Popular Posts

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Xenophobia: The Fear of Refugees

Xenophobia is pretty much racism against refugees. The most serious case of xenophobia is in South Africa where it still hasn't ended and hasn't changed much. Like in the book Now is the Time For Running immigrants running from political parties in Zimbabwe are treated harshly or even killed by mobs in South Africa. Currently there have been many murders of Somalians and still Zimbabweans. It shows that the conditions aren't getting any better. If I were Deo, the refugee protagonist I wouldn't have the courage to even get to South Africa even without his mentally damaged brother.. Knowing that there are people that can do such horrible things to me, I don't think I could bear the sadly true facts. Do you think you would be able to live a life like these immigrants.

No comments:

Post a Comment