Popular Posts

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A longer walk to peace

To me it seems that Sudan is like a warrior with an unquenchable thirst for conflict. There have been so many civil wars in Sudan that the country even had to split. Mr. Hopper's post told me to see how the country is doing after the war and what the country has done to prevent it next time. I looked up information about the war and found that the country is either extremely lazy about preventing war or the government has no power at all because starting on December 15, 2013, and is still currently going on as you read what I have wrote, is a civil war in South Sudan. If I was in Salva's shoes (Bare feet) I would have melted down. Being separated from my parents for more than a month, traveling with a band of strangers while starving I would just freak out. What would you do if you were in Salva's...position? (Bare feet sounds weird)

1 comment:

  1. If I were Salva, I would probably do the same thing as you. It would most likely be an emotional breakdown of not seeing my parents or knowing how horrible wars are like and that I am in one. Looking deeper into the war issue in South Sudan I found that they have had more than three wars and are having another one know after pro-Machar forces sack a town not long after the political parties signed a ceasefire! Don't you think South Sudan has a serious war problem?

    ReplyDelete