Popular Posts

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Racism needs to stop!

Donald Sterling should be banned from basketball and owning his team forever. It is unacceptable to make racist comments. I think two things should be done about this long lasting problem of racism not only in basketball but all around our country. I think one, that the NBA should put a rule into place saying that anyone who makes racist comments toward any religion or skin tone should be banned for life. I think two, that the government should make a slight tweak to the first amendment saying that any deliberate racial remarks should have a punishment. Maybe not jail time but a fine of sorts. The only way to get racism out of America is to start cracking down. I believe that it is absolutely wrong what Donald sterling said and i think he should sell the team before it gets any worse. What do you think should be done?

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you that Sterling should sell the team but I don't think that the NBA should force him to sell the team because he has paid for it and is still paying for. I do think that if he sells the team, pays all the fines, and make some sort of apology statement that he can move on and get on with the rest of his life. Donald sterling needs to think about his life and figure out if he really likes where it's going. He is 80 years old, is getting a divorce, had a 31 year old girlfriend, and is saying racist comments about the same ethnicity as many of his team members. I did see that when Sterling said the racial comments he was on the phone with his 31 year old girlfriend fighting over her bringing her other boyfriends to his basketball game. So I think that the girlfriend is partially to blame for this incident and should get some sort of punishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Sterling should be put in jail. I think this is awful and Donald should be fined as much money as possible. Donald had already been racist to people before this. So I think since he already had a warning he should be fined a lot, and put in jail for multiple years. Although Donald is racist, I think he's the man for having a 31 year old girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete