Popular Posts
-
Recently, I was reading Logan F.'s post on the anti-hunting drones in Africa. I feel that it is just about time that something was don...
-
The term archaic Greece refers to the time three centuries before the classical relative between 800 b.c and 500 b.c a relatively sophist...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
I have always been interested in Greek Gods but they’re not the nicest people. Like the Greek God Hephaestus when he was born, Hera, his mot...
-
I find it really interesting that the Sumerians wrote so much and thought that writing was so important to them. They wrote everything dow...
Thursday, May 1, 2014
Recommended Action for the NBA
For those of you who don't know, Donald Sterling, owner of the Clippers, is under a lot of heat right now because of a racist comment he made. His statement is especially offensive since it was against African Americans, and a majority of his team are African Americans. I feel that Sterling said some very offensive things, and the NBA should act accordingly. The first thing they should do, and have done, is cut Sterling off from the NBA in every way possible. Their next action should be to either force Sterling to sell the Clippers, or they should find a way to revoke his ownership of the team. They cannot do too much, however, because the First Amendment protects his right to be racist, so they may have to find other ways to remove him from his position. How do you feel the NBA should handle this situation?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I personally do not think the NBA should force Sterling to sell the Clippers, or do anything against him in fact. As I mentioned in my post, the recordings are not proven to be a legal recording, as they may break the two-party consent law. If Sterling did not give his consent to the recorder, who is not known, Sterling himself could file a lawsuit against the recorder. The offensive remarks were horrible though, and if it was legally recorded, which is not known yet, should be used against him in any way possible. For now though, I suggest the NBA does NOT act against him.
ReplyDeleteI fell the same way about revoking the team from him and having it sold to someone else. Him still owning the Clippers looks bad for the team and the National Basketball Association. I found that 2/3 of the NBA teams need to vote for the Clippers to be sold in order for the rule that teams can be forced to be sold to go into effect. Do you think they will get the 2/3's.
ReplyDelete