Popular Posts
-
So I was looking at posts and Travis A's post caught my eye and I couldn't help myself to write about it. Three years ago a women ...
-
When I first heard that people were killing elephant s over their tusk I thought it was wrong. All I could think is "why do they hav...
-
Recently, I was reading Logan F.'s post on the anti-hunting drones in Africa. I feel that it is just about time that something was don...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
Animal poaching is a big problem in Africa and it has been a long hard road to figure out what to do. Many people think they have found the ...
Thursday, April 3, 2014
Beauty in Banaue
The Banaue Rice Terraces in the Philippians are, in my opinion, the most intresting thing to see in SE Asia. They were built 2,000 years ago by the indigenous people in that area and are made up of thousands of large steps. They were also hand carved (or so it is said) and they were used to plant rice, hence the name 'rice terraces'.Even today they are still used to grow rice! Did you know that if you put all of the steps side by side together they would stretch over half of the earth!? That's amazing. It's kind of hard to imagine how much work it must have taken to build them. Also, I wonder how long it took. Now, I have one question. Would you like to be a farmer in the Banaue Rice Terraces?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment