Popular Posts
-
Recently, I was reading Logan F.'s post on the anti-hunting drones in Africa. I feel that it is just about time that something was don...
-
The term archaic Greece refers to the time three centuries before the classical relative between 800 b.c and 500 b.c a relatively sophist...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
Animal poaching is a big problem in Africa and it has been a long hard road to figure out what to do. Many people think they have found the ...
-
So I was looking at posts and Travis A's post caught my eye and I couldn't help myself to write about it. Three years ago a women ...
Thursday, April 17, 2014
The Temples at Bagan
One place I would visit in Southeast Asia would be the Temples at Bagan, Myanmar. This is because it is very beautiful and is a sacred spot in Asia. Bagan is an ancient city located in the Mandalay region of Burma. From the 9th 13th centuries, it was the capital of the Kingdom of Pagan. Bagan rulers and their wealthy built over 10,000 religious monuments. Unfortunately, there has been many (over 400) earthquakes in Bagan. The earthquakes destroyed many temples. Now, only 2,229 temples and pagodas (a tiered tower) left. Would you like to visit this area?What other places in Southeast Asia would you like to visit?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment