Popular Posts
-
So I was looking at posts and Travis A's post caught my eye and I couldn't help myself to write about it. Three years ago a women ...
-
When I first heard that people were killing elephant s over their tusk I thought it was wrong. All I could think is "why do they hav...
-
Recently, I was reading Logan F.'s post on the anti-hunting drones in Africa. I feel that it is just about time that something was don...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
Animal poaching is a big problem in Africa and it has been a long hard road to figure out what to do. Many people think they have found the ...
Thursday, April 3, 2014
Terraces in Vietnam!
The Sapa Terraces are a huge tourist attraction in the city of Sapa, Vietnam. Basically these terraces are on mountains on granite. There is fertile soil on the granite where the local people grow rice. The colors on the terraces change seasonally. In the spring and summer the patties are more of a greenish color, but in the fall they are more golden. The town of Sapa, where the Sapa terraces are located, is very unique. Sapa has many different hill tribes that live in the mountains. Though most of Vietnam is very warm, and has a nice climate the town of Sapa has been known to get a light sprinkling of snow. That though is nothing compared to the long winter that we've been having. I seem to sometimes struggle with using commas. There are several underlined places of me using commas. I believe that the Sapa terraces are a really neat and unique place to visit. Would you go see these amazing rice terraces?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment