There
are a few sunsets in the world that compare to the marigold light of the fading
day that settles on the patina of the thousands of temples on the plains Bagan.
Unlike the temples at Angkor, Cambodia, the appeal of the Buddhist
temples in Bagan is not in their individual majesty, but in the high density
and endless array of similar structures going out of the plains. There are
about 13,000 temples that used to stand in the city of Bagan, the capital
of the ancient Kingdom of Pagan. Some 2,000 still remain, and it’s this
spiritual plenitude that makes a trip to Bagan. What do you think of this
spiritual culture.
Popular Posts
-
So I was looking at posts and Travis A's post caught my eye and I couldn't help myself to write about it. Three years ago a women ...
-
When I first heard that people were killing elephant s over their tusk I thought it was wrong. All I could think is "why do they hav...
-
Recently, I was reading Logan F.'s post on the anti-hunting drones in Africa. I feel that it is just about time that something was don...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
Animal poaching is a big problem in Africa and it has been a long hard road to figure out what to do. Many people think they have found the ...
This is completely plagiarized.
ReplyDelete