Popular Posts

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Blog Episode VIII: Aspen Aw8s

Nope...not a typo in the title. Just me being ecstatic about heading out to Snowboard in Colorado in a few days! Two to be exact, but who's counting?

Simple quest this time. I'm going to point you off in the direction of 10 Awesome Things to see and do in Southeast Asia. The link shows you small photos and gives a small blurb about two handfuls (get it?) of great places to visit in this largely tropical region. Small blurbs. Like blurbs that you and I each were able to read with ease. So don't just turn around and throw those back at me...I've already read them! So after choosing one of the places, do a little research and fire away! Which place would you most like to visit and why? What myriad reasons can you give to make your case?

Grading: the usual requirements all apply. You know...spelling, a hyperlink, 100+ words and end with a question. Those are good for a total of six points. For the last four, this is where you can work to be a better writer on an area that you recognize is a personal weakness or a personal goal. Point out your chosen area by using and underlining an "I struggle" or "I would like to expand my writing to include" statement, such as I often struggle with word choice or I would like to try adding alliteration. Doing so will get you your seventh point, And your eighth, ninth and tenth points will be for using and underlining three correct examples of your chosen area of weakness or writing goal...kinda like I did in the previous two paragraphs.

(In case you are struggling, I often see errors in comma use, apostrophe use, word choice and word usage. You could also try to expand your writing by pointing out that you would like to try your hand at certain literary devices like similes (I know!), metaphors or alliteration. Please plan to play with the words on your plate if that is the case.)

Well, what are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment