Popular Posts
-
So I was looking at posts and Travis A's post caught my eye and I couldn't help myself to write about it. Three years ago a women ...
-
When I first heard that people were killing elephant s over their tusk I thought it was wrong. All I could think is "why do they hav...
-
Recently, I was reading Logan F.'s post on the anti-hunting drones in Africa. I feel that it is just about time that something was don...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
Animal poaching is a big problem in Africa and it has been a long hard road to figure out what to do. Many people think they have found the ...
Thursday, April 24, 2014
Into Thin Air Review (extra credit)
As you know Mr.Hopper has been encouraging us to read Into Thin Air by John Krakauer. I had previously read the book and decided to reread it due to the extra credit option. The story is told from first person as Krakauer delivers an excellently told account of the horrific 1996 climbing season, the second deadliest to date. He details the South African Scandal. He also recounts the storm that turned the day deadly and why the team leaders took such risks, Want more? Read!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment