Popular Posts
-
When I first heard that people were killing elephant s over their tusk I thought it was wrong. All I could think is "why do they hav...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
Animal poaching is a big problem in Africa and it has been a long hard road to figure out what to do. Many people think they have found the ...
-
So I was looking at posts and Travis A's post caught my eye and I couldn't help myself to write about it. Three years ago a women ...
-
I have always been interested in Greek Gods but they’re not the nicest people. Like the Greek God Hephaestus when he was born, Hera, his mot...
Thursday, April 3, 2014
A Day In Ha Long Bay
YES!! I can finally write about a place in Vietnam! Okay... Ha Long Bay literally translates to "descending dragon bay", it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a popular travel destination. It has an area of around 1,553 km squared, including 1,960-2,000 islets (smaller masses of land that surround a larger island) that are made mostly of limestone and karsts (sinks and streams in an underground area made of limestone). All of the formations have been through 500 million years of formation in different conditions and since they are such a wonder of nature, they are uninhabited and untouched by people. Ha Long Bay is home to 14 indigenous floral species and 60 native faunal species. If you could go to Ha Long Bay, what would be your favorite part about it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great info...but you forgot to read/follow the directions. You may correct this and repost for more points if you would like.
ReplyDelete