Popular Posts

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Saving lives by donating $10?

Yes, it's true. I was looking at Hallie S.'s blog, and decided to look into the subject a little more. Malaria is a problem. CDC(Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) say, "Malaria is a mosquito-borne disease caused by a parasite. People with malaria often experience fever, chills, and flu-like illness. Left untreated, they may develop severe complications and die." In 2010, 660,000 people died from malaria, 91% of the deaths being in the African region. I looked www.afro.who.int/ 85% of deaths are children that are less than five years old! People with AIDS or HIV have a higher risk of malaria. I know that I am going to donate, will you?

5 comments:

  1. I would probably also donate and I researched and I found out that It happens commonly around the equator. I also found out that from the mosquito it moves to the liver then to the blood. Basically if you feel horrible in Africa you might have malaria. Malaria can be treated but some of the germs may survive because the're in the liver or they are resistant to the medicine. I think that Africa has the most diseases (mainly from the rain forests) do you think so to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that makes a lot of sense!

      Delete
  2. I would definitely donate to this cause. I have researched further and found out that with every $10 donated, an organization called Nothing but Nets donates a bed net to a child to help prevent malaria. In Africa, if you feel the least bit sick, there's a very good chance you have symptoms of malaria. I also found out that there is a medicine to cure malaria, but some if not most of the time, it does not work. Would you donate to a cause like this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Paris, of course I would donate!

      Delete
  3. I would donate to this cause. I usually do not donate to causes when i go to stores and they ask. After reading Paris's and Kevin's comments it has almost changed my whole outlook on donating to great causes such as this one. I have also done some farther research such as Paris and Kevin and I found out that every 60 seconds a child dies from a curable disease malaria. I think that is very sad also how malaria is such a deadly disease. Did this blog also change your outlook on malaria and children with it/

    ReplyDelete