Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

India and It's Flaming Flavors

If you have ever tasted Indian cuisine, you will understand what I'm about to tell you and if you have never had Indian food it's okay because if you speak English you'll still understand what I am saying.  If you can't tell by now, I chose India.  Most Indians enjoy a salty, creamy, sweet, spicy, and bold flavorful meal.  My point is they like a variety of flavors on their meals.  Moving on from Indian Cuisine we go to festivals which is also an interesting topic.  India has many festivals but some popular ones are Diwali, Holi, Dussehranand Durga Puja, and Independence day.  Some activities that Indian people enjoy for entertainment are for example listening to music, dance, films/movies, art exhibitions, sculpture building, television and sports such as soccer and cricket.  India is interesting because of its rich culture, foods, and what people do for entertainment.  My question to you is if you have ever tasted a traditional Indian meal, did you like it and if not, would you honestly want to try it?

3 comments:

  1. I've been to India once when I was four. I don't remember almost anything, but when I was nine, my uncle came back from vacation and brought me curry. I think curry is the only Indian food I tried. I've seen a news about Indian pepper "Tezpur Chilli" beat the Mexico's Red Savina Habanero. By the Scoville units( measure of the heat component of chilli peppers, Tezpur is 855,000 while Red Savina Habanero is 557,000. There is a huge difference in those numbers. I would like to try Tezpur Chilli in a spicy food. Would you want to try it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a traditional India meal since I used to go to an Indian temple often in the summertime. I didn't enjoy the Indian meal too much though. An interesting fact that I learned is that Indian people love to put in a lot of sauces in their food, and when i say sauce, I mean a lot. Another thing that I found interesting is that they like to use spices in almost every meal, even their breakfast. Goof blog post Nick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great topics! My favorite is Indian cuisine. I have never had real Indian food, but I would love to try a different culture's (other than Mexican) food's and main dishes. I have seen pictures and menu's of Indian food and restaurants but have never had the time to try the different type of food. One food that sounds truly amazing to me is pav bhaji. It is basically a potato based curry garnished with coriander, with chopped onions and butter. Lots of flavor in a meal is good too. Speaking about festivals, I watched a video of a festival in New Delhi with a bunch of ladies wearing brightly colored dresses and they were dancing to music made with drums and peoples voices. The Indian cultures and heritages are truly amazing. Do you think they are as astonishing as I do?

    ReplyDelete