Popular Posts

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Dikembe Mutombo

So I was looking at posts and Travis A's post caught my eye and I couldn't help myself to write about it. Three years ago a women gave birth to triplets in a very small village in The Democratic Republic of Congo ( Africa ). However the doctor did not have the right tools to keep the babies alive, and she was told they were going to die. The father heard of a very well maintained hospital nearby made by a NBA star, Dikembe Mutombo. They begged and begged if they would be allowed to use their tools to keep their babies alive. They were let in and now their babies are healthy toddlers. I also did some research about Dikembe Mutombo and he played for the Rockets, Nuggets, Hawks, and the 76'ers. He was also born in 1996. Do you think the triplets will have kids when they grow up knowing that they might die?

3 comments:

  1. I think they will grow up healthy and have kids of their own.But the kids were born premature so they could have died that way in a good hospital. I think Mutombo making a hospital is really cool. The fact that they might die is scary but I think they'll live through it and have nice lives and healthy family. Mutombo is a kind person. Who is your favorite NBA player and why is he your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard about this and this is scary for me because I am a twin so I can relate to the way they feel. They do everything they can do or could do to prevent the babies from dying. It is very difficult for family members to die. I believe that people told them that the triplets would just die because they weren't at a hospital during birth. The dad later heard that there was a hospital near bye which was made by Dikembe Mutombo who was an NBA star who retired in 2009 and last played for the Rockets. This is a great story that I recommend you look up and read or watch a video on you tube. I wonder if that lady as anymore children and how long are those children going to live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pretty cool that an NBA player is giving back to his home country. Dikembe was born in The Republic of the Congo. You said in the post that he was born in 1996, although I found he was born in 1966. It cool because a lot of people who come to America from places like Africa don't give back to their home country, so its pretty cool that he is. I think that the kids will grow up, but you never know they could get some other disease such as malaria, which is yet another big problem in Africa.

    ReplyDelete