Popular Posts
-
So I was looking at posts and Travis A's post caught my eye and I couldn't help myself to write about it. Three years ago a women ...
-
Roaming the History of Rome The legend of how Rome was built is that twin brothers, Romulus and Remus, the sons of Mars...
-
Recently, I was reading Logan F.'s post on the anti-hunting drones in Africa. I feel that it is just about time that something was don...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
Animal poaching is a big problem in Africa and it has been a long hard road to figure out what to do. Many people think they have found the ...
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
Cricket!
Cricket is one of the most popular sports in India. Cricket spread at a great speed throughout Africa and Asia, thanks to the British empire. I have played cricket before and think it is very fun. The game is a little bit complicated. There are six wickets in all which are little wooden poles hammered into the ground, three behind the batter and three behind the 'pitcher' in American terms. The pitcher throws the ball, the batter obviously tries to hit it and runs in between the sets of wickets till someone gets him out. Every time the batter get to the wicket it is a point and he is up to bat again. Cricket games last for hours and hours. Cricket is in fact the most popular sport in India, however, it is not the national sport. Would you like to give cricket a try?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cricket sounds like an interesting sport that I might want to try someday but right now I would like to focus on lax and hockey. If I were to try to learn how much time would it take? What piston are There besides batter? What kind of field would you play cricket on and how many people would you need, do other people besides Indians play it? this sounds like and interesting sport but i don't think i have the time to play.
ReplyDelete