Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Southeast Asian Food

Southeast Asia has many different foods to offer. One of the more popular foods is Nasi Goring.  Nasi Goring is a form of fried rice and is a very popular food for all social classes in Indonesia.  There are different versions of this dish, but it is often prepared the night before.  I would like to try Nasi Goring because it is often made with many different spices like garlic, chili and coriander.  In addition to spices, they add fried egg to the dish or they may add other foods to make it interesting.  I think that sounds delicious!  Furthermore, Nasi Goring sounds similar to fried rice found in Chinese restaurants here in the United States.  Would you ever travel to Indonesia to try the food there?

2 comments:

  1. I agree that it sounds very good! I'm not sure if I would travel all the way to Indonesia just to try the food, but it would be fun! I found that Indonesia has a very wide variety of food selections. I learned that fried rice comes for Indonesia, I had no idea. Fried Rice is considered to be the national food of Indonesia. They also have other popular foods such as Satay a meat skewer commonly used by street vendors. What food would you like to try from here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Nasi Goreng looks great. I just looked up a picture of it and it turns out it is sometimes made with different types of fish or served along side meats! Turns out Nasi Goreng was considered by a CNN group to be the 5th best Indonesian food! Even though Nasi Goreng looks good supposedly its not the best food, a condiment called Sambal is, it is made of chilies, shrimp paste, lime juice, and sugar/salt.

    ReplyDelete