Popular Posts
-
Recently, I was reading Logan F.'s post on the anti-hunting drones in Africa. I feel that it is just about time that something was don...
-
The term archaic Greece refers to the time three centuries before the classical relative between 800 b.c and 500 b.c a relatively sophist...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
Animal poaching is a big problem in Africa and it has been a long hard road to figure out what to do. Many people think they have found the ...
-
So I was looking at posts and Travis A's post caught my eye and I couldn't help myself to write about it. Three years ago a women ...
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
Southeast Asian Food
Southeast Asia has many different foods to offer. One of the more popular foods is Nasi Goring. Nasi Goring is a form of fried rice and is a very popular food for all social classes in Indonesia. There are different versions of this dish, but it is often prepared the night before. I would like to try Nasi Goring because it is often made with many different spices like garlic, chili and coriander. In addition to spices, they add fried egg to the dish or they may add other foods to make it interesting. I think that sounds delicious! Furthermore, Nasi Goring sounds similar to fried rice found in Chinese restaurants here in the United States. Would you ever travel to Indonesia to try the food there?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree that it sounds very good! I'm not sure if I would travel all the way to Indonesia just to try the food, but it would be fun! I found that Indonesia has a very wide variety of food selections. I learned that fried rice comes for Indonesia, I had no idea. Fried Rice is considered to be the national food of Indonesia. They also have other popular foods such as Satay a meat skewer commonly used by street vendors. What food would you like to try from here?
ReplyDeleteWow Nasi Goreng looks great. I just looked up a picture of it and it turns out it is sometimes made with different types of fish or served along side meats! Turns out Nasi Goreng was considered by a CNN group to be the 5th best Indonesian food! Even though Nasi Goreng looks good supposedly its not the best food, a condiment called Sambal is, it is made of chilies, shrimp paste, lime juice, and sugar/salt.
ReplyDelete