Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Soccer's a Sport, but it's Also Lives

Football (soccer) is a big sport all over Africa, but it gets even better in Zimbabwe. One academy, the Falls Academy in Zimbabwe holds football practice sessions for young boys. Many of the boys are orphans. The people responsible for the program are giving chances for those boys to get off the streets, and be in a safe environment. A lot if them don't even have shoes, because they can't afford them. Instead they play barefoot! It's also a chance for them to succeed, and have a future in football if they cannot afford education. Football is a great sport, and I am so happy these boys have a chance for a better future, and a fun thing to do in the meantime. I find this a great opportunity and pastime for the boys of Zimbabwe. If you were one of them, wouldn't you be thankful to this program?

2 comments:

  1. I think that it's great that people who don't have homes can be helped to have a place to get off the streets. Also since they have a chance to have a future in football, they could afford education and other things. It helps them to have a better future. If I were one of them I'd definitely be thankful because I'd have a place to go. But it might not be so great for people who don't like sports. It's very helpful for people who might live in an orphanage or be homeless, and they are probably very thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm speaking from experience when I say that playing soccer barefoot sucks. It hurts your foot if you kick to hard and I've gotten bruises from it. I would still be really thankful if I could do that program if it meant that I could have a career. also why is this only for guys? I mean I know that guys football is more well known and that's what people watch more but girls still should have a chance to have a career in football. As you already know I play soccer along with 13 million other Americans and I could not live without soccer. What about you?

    ReplyDelete